By participating at the Hackathon itself, participants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the Code of Conduct. The decision of the judges will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Official Rules can be viewed or downloaded here: Official Rules
Code of Conduct can be viewed or downloaded here: Code of Conduct
And a brief summary of the key rules follows:
- All participants agree to follow the 'Code of Conduct'
- The participants are solely responsible for their contributions and any publications that they may make.
- Only non-confidential information may be exchanged during the Hackathon.
- Intellectual Property rights remain with creator.
- The decisions of the hackathon jury on the contributions of the participants are final.
- All persons present give their consent to being photographed or filmed in the Hackathon event. They also give their consent to the public use of the photos/videos in connection with the Hackathon and to public reporting about the Hackathon.
- Software tools may be used under the separate license terms and conditions of the software tool providers; all use of software tools for the purpose of the hackathon must be royalty-free.
- Commercially available physical devices may be used under the normal terms and conditions of the device providers; again, the use of such physical devices must be royalty-free for the purpose of the Hackathon.